eduroam is the primary WiFi network for the UC Berkeley campus community. In order to connect to eduroam individuals must create a token, or key, that will be used in place of their normal CalNet passphrase.
Please note that airbears2 will be decommissioned, all new connections should be to eduroam.
What types of accounts are supported on campus WiFi?
- Faculty, Staff, Students, and Associates (anyone with a CalNET ID)
- Special Purpose Accounts (for use with kiosks and similar devices)
- Sponsored Guest Accounts (for visitors)
Note that visitors from other academic and research institutes who already have an eduroam account do not need to create a new one when visiting UC Berkeley. Eduroam accounts are shared world-wide.
Creating your WiFi Account
- Navigate to the WiFi Keys service: https://wifi-keys.berkeley.edu
- You may be redirected to the CalNet authentication portal, if so log in using the account you want for wireless access
- You will be presented with the main wireless account page
- Select Create New Guest Account
- Enter your User ID into the Your User ID field, it must match the ID listed above it.
- Leave Account Activation option set to Now
- Click Create
- The next screen will show you an automatically generated password for use with eduroam and airbears2
- You’re now ready to connect to eduroam using userID@berkeley.edu or just userID for airbears2
- You can return to the ClearPass site at any time to view or manage your account
- Our recommendation is to use the eduroam network as it allows access at other organizations besides just UC Berkeley
For instructions on how to connect please choose one of following links:
- Windows 10 KB0010909
- macOS KB0010273
- Android KB0010271
- iOS KB0010268
- ChomeOS KB0014103
- Linux KB0010826
For additional assistance, contact CSS IT at 510-664-9000 and follow the prompts to reach a technician from between 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. A ticket may also be submitted through http://sharedservices.berkeley.edu/it/ or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org