This article will walk you through the process of connecting to AirBears2 on an iOS device, such as an iPhone or iPad.
Before you begin connecting your iPhone / iPad to AirBears2
- Create your AirBears2 Key
- AirBears2 coverage is only available at UC Berkeley Campus locations & in student dorms; i.e., AirBears2 will appear in the Available Networks field only on campus locations.
- If you are unable to connect to the AirBears2 network, see Additional Troubleshooting at the bottom of this article.
Connecting your iPhone / iPad to AirBears2:
- Click on the Settings app on your device.
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Click on AirBears2.
- When prompted for a username and password, fill in the fields as follows:
- Username: Your CalNetID [ex. svimes]
- Password: The AirBears2 Key created earlier. Make sure that the key is being typed in manually, and not copied/pasted.
- Click on Join.
- If prompted with a this security certificate has not been verified, click Accept. Your device may initially not trust this security certificate with an error message. Hitting "Dismiss" and then hitting "Join" again (up to 6 times) will eventually get you to the certificate trust page, where you can click Accept.
- "Forget" the AirBears2 Network; then power off your device. Wait 5 minutes, then power it back on. Re-join AirBears2, and type in your CalNet ID and AirBear2 key. Make sure that the key is being typed in manually, and not copied/pasted.
- Make sure your device is not joining the eduroam network, or automatically joining other nearby networks.
- Toggle Wi-Fi off, and then back on.
- Try multiple times if you get a "could not join network" error, as many as half a dozen tries might be needed.
- As a last resort, create a new AirBears2 Key, and then start from step 1 again.
- For additional assistance, contact CSS IT at 510-664-9000 and follow the prompts to reach a technician from between 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. A ticket may also be submitted through http://sharedservices.berkeley.edu/it/ or by e-mailing email@example.com