Before you Begin
- Create your AirBears2 Key
- If you have not yet created an AirBears2 key, navigate to Manage My Keys and follow the prompts.
- Instructions can be found here : https://berkeley.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0010721
- Note that AirBears2 coverage is only available at UC Berkeley Campus locations & in student dorms.
- AirBears2 will appear in the Available Networks field if available.
- If you are unable to connect to the AirBears2 network, see Additional Troubleshooting at the bottom of this article.
- You may also contact CSS IT at 510-664-9000 for direct, hands on assistance.
How to connect to AirBears2 in Mac OS X:
1. Choose ‘AirBears2’ in your list of available WIFI network. This list may take a moment to fully populate
2. You will be prompted for your "WPA2 Enterprise Credentials"
3. Enter your CalNet ID for your Username, and your AirBears2 Key for your Password.
4. You will be prompted to accept the security certificate for AirBears2
5. You will be prompted for your administrative password to accept the security certificate.
6. You should now be connected to AirBears2
- Toggle Wi-Fi off and then back on
- Disable auto-join on other nearby networks
- "Forget" the AirBears2 Network, and then re-join it.
- Create a new AirBears2 Key, and then perform step 3 again. Make sure that the key is being typed in manually, and not copy/pasted
- Verify that all settings are correct:
- Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
- Encryption Type: AES
- EAP Method: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Try using a different Phase 2 Authentication Method : "None" or "MSCHAPv2"
- If the device allows for it, set the device to prefer 5ghz networks over 2.4ghz (May need to repeat steps 1 and/or 3)