5.0 - Updated on 2021-07-29 by Sean Schluntz
4.0 - Updated on 2021-06-25 by Sean Schluntz
3.0 - Updated on 2021-06-25 by Sean Schluntz
2.0 - Updated on 2020-06-16 by Sean Schluntz
1.0 - Authored on 2015-04-28 by Adam Zukauckas
What is eduroam?
eduroam is a world-wide roaming WiFi service for educational institutions. Users from any participating institution can use the eduroam service at any other participating institution to obtain WiFi network connectivity with minimal configuration. eduroam users do not require guest passes, they use their own credentials provided by their home institution.
eduroam for UC Berkeley Staff, Faculty and Students
If you will be traveling and plan to use eduroam at your destination, we recommend configuring your device before departing by connecting it to the Campus eduroam network.
eduroam for Visitors to UC Berkeley
Visitors to UC Berkeley who come from a participating institution will be able to use this WiFi network without the need for guest passes or additional configuration. Visitors using eduroam will be provided with full access to the UC Berkeley network because they are authenticated using their institution's credentials.
- Please note that PPTP is enabled on eduroam, and some VPN clients may require you to enable NAT Traversal in the settings (this is rare).
How do I Use eduroam?
In many cases users can access eduroam simply by selecting the network from their wireless network list. Detailed instructions are also available by searching eduroam in the knowledge base.
How do I get help with eduroam?
- Review the knowledge base instructions on connecting your platform to eduroam
- If you are faculty, staff, or a student Submit a ticket with your local desktop support group, student IT support, or the central service desk
- If you are a sponsored guest please work with your sponsor for access issues
- If you are a visitor from partner institution please contact your institutions support group
Where can I get more information about eduroam?
The eduroam website is located at https://www.eduroam.us
for US information and http://www.eduroam.org
for international information. This site includes a map of which institutions provide eduroam globally so users can identify if there will be participating institutions near where they will travel.