Zoom regularly provides new versions of Zoom that offer new features and bug fixes. Follow their Release Notes to stay up-to-date, and make sure to use the latest version of Zoom to take advantage of all available features. View instructions for how to update your Zoom Client, particularly how to use the self-service update option if you have a managed machine that requires admin credentials. Contact tech support if you need help with updating.
Recent Notable Changes
- "Audio Mute" and "Video Mute" icons has been updated so the icons appear in the upper right corner of the screen
- Relocated and enhanced attendee view controls for webinars
- Persistent non-verbal feedback has returned to previous behavior, in which they are persistent until the attendee/host removes them
- Enhancement to alternative host feature - if original host joins after the alternative host, the original host will always regain control of the meeting
- Blurred background available in addition to virtual backgrounds
- Share mono or stereo sound
- Schedule meetings with a saved template
Live Transcription Closed Captions settings updated on February 18, 2021
- We will update the default settings for Save Captions so that meeting hosts who would like to allow their participants to download closed captions transcripts from their meetings will need to update this setting to "Allow participants to save fully closed captions or transcripts".
Important Zoom Cloud Recording changes launched January 6, 2021
- Cloud recording turned off by default - to continue using Zoom Cloud Recordings you will need to re-enable this setting in your Zoom Recording settings. For step-by-step instructions, see: How do I enable Zoom Cloud recordings?
- Zoom to Kaltura integration launched
- 30 day retention period will resume for Zoom Cloud recordings in coordination with the Zoom to Kaltura integration
- Important information regarding the Zoom to Kaltura integration can be found here: https://dls.berkeley.edu/frequently-asked-questions-about-zoom-kaltura-integration
To view list of older changes made in Zoom, see: Older UC Berkeley Zoom Changes