Zoom regularly provides new versions of Zoom that offer new features and bug fixes. Follow their Release Notes to stay up-to-date, and make sure to use the latest version of Zoom to take advantage of all available features. View instructions for how to update your Zoom Client, particularly how to use the self-service update option if you have a managed machine that requires admin credentials. Contact tech support if you need help with updating.
Recent Notable Changes
- Increased Breakout Room Capacity (100 breakout rooms) now available.
- Self Selection of Breakout Rooms now available for ChromeOS users
- Enhanced co-host privileges over Breakout Rooms
- Move participants to main session from breakout room
Important Zoom Cloud Recording changes launched January 6, 2021
- Cloud recording turned off by default - to continue using Zoom Cloud Recordings you will need to re-enable this setting in your Zoom Recording settings. For step-by-step instructions, see: How do I enable Zoom Cloud recordings?
- Zoom to Kaltura integration launched
- 30 day retention period will resume for Zoom Cloud recordings in coordination with the Zoom to Kaltura integration
- Important information regarding the Zoom to Kaltura integration can be found here: https://dls.berkeley.edu/frequently-asked-questions-about-zoom-kaltura-integration
To view list of older changes made in Zoom, see: Older UC Berkeley Zoom Changes