Beginning Monday, July 25, 2022, Berkeley Zoom accounts no longer require that all participants in a meeting or webinar must be signed in (authenticated) to a Zoom account in order to join. Instead, when hosting a meeting or webinar, you now have the choice to secure your meeting with any of the following options:
- Waiting Room
- Only authenticated users may join (On by default, but may be turned off in your Zoom account settings or on a meeting-by-meeting basis.)
You are not limited to only one of these options, but your meetings will need to have at least one security measure.
If you are using a password and sharing it in the meeting link, we strongly recommend that you also use a waiting room or authentication requirement.
How to change security settings in your Zoom account:
- Visit https://berkeley.zoom.us/signin
- Log in with your CalNet ID and passphrase
- Go to your Settings (on the left side vertical menu)
- In the Meetings tab, you will be able to toggle the following settings off/on:
- Waiting Room
- Require a passcode
- Only authenticated meeting participants and webinar attendees can join meetings and webinars
- Always make sure that you have at least one security method turned on. If you do not select any security method, Zoom will enable the waiting room by default.
Who can I contact for help?
- Faculty, staff, and student employees - please contact IT Client Services.
- All other students - support is available in-person, by phone or via email from Student Technology Services.