Box Service Level Agreement
1 General Overview
This is a Service Level Agreement (SLA) between the UC Berkeley campus community and the Information Services & Technology Division (IST) to document:
- Box Service Description
- General levels of response, availability, and maintenance associated with this service
- Responsibilities of IST as a provider of these services
- Responsibilities of the clients receiving these services
This Agreement is valid from February 2021. Review will be completed every year, or as otherwise needed.
2 Service Description
2.1 Service Scope
Box is an online option ideal for sharing individual, group, or departmental files, including documents, photos, research, and more. Integration with Microsoft Office online, mobile and desktop apps, cloud-based hosting. Accessible via the web, desktop, or mobile app.
2.2 Service Offerings
The Berkeley Box service is available to the following campus affiliations:
- Faculty and other academic titles, including Emeriti
- UCPath Affiliates, except Staff Retirees
- Special Purpose Accounts (SPAs)
- Individuals in their grace period
2.3 Operating Parameters
The Box service is provided to people who work for or attend UC Berkeley, including faculty, staff, students, and others for UC Berkeley related business, education and research.
2.4 Service Level Performance
For support requests submitted online via ServiceNow, response times will be tracked and reported as part of the IST and Campus SLA.
3 Roles and Responsibilities
The following Service Owner(s) will be used as the basis of the Agreement and represent the primary stakeholders associated with this SLA:
IT Service Manager
Box Service Lead
3.2 IS&T Responsibilities
IS&T responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
- Manage Box environment for UC Berkeley, including provisioning and deprovisioning of accounts
- Manage Box add-on and integration requests
- Meet response times associated with the priority assigned to incidents and service requests in the IT Request ticketing system (ServiceNow).
- Post scheduled changes on the IST Change Management calendar, notify IT managers and campus business partners, and notify all faculty, staff, and students when needed.
- Follow the principle of least perusal, policy for access without consent, and other specifications in the UC Electronic Communications Policy.
3.3 Client Responsibilities
Client responsibilities and/or requirements in support of this Agreement include:
- Following acceptable use guidelines within the Box contract
- Adherence to the following policies:
- Contact the IT Service Manager for additions or changes in established service levels
- Students should contact the Student Help Desk for incidents
- Faculty and staff should contact the ITCS Service Desk for incidents
4 Requesting Service
- Online/IT Request: https://berkeley.service-now.com/ess/create_incident
- Phone: 510-664-9000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5 Hours of Coverage, Response Times and Escalation
For all requests, the IS&T goal is to have a staff member assigned and acknowledge requests within four business hours of receipt. Campus priorities may require exceptions to this goal during certain periods of the Academic year, including curtailment and holidays.
5.1 Hours of Coverage
Box Service staff coverage is provided 8AM - 5PM, Monday - Friday except for holidays and campus closure, including curtailment days.
5.2 Incident Response, Prioritization, Escalation, Service Request
Box service disruptions that impact essential campus business or are identified as impacting a division or the entire campus, will be responded to by the Box Service Team as soon as they learn about the outage. Information about Box service disruptions is available at https://status.box.com/
6 Maintenance and Service Changes
The Box Service abides by the standard maintenance and service change process whenever possible. Changes are listed on the Berkeley System Status page: http://systemstatus.berkeley.edu/
Berkeley Box accounts are funded through the Productivity Suite tax, and have no direct charge to users.
8 Reviewing and Reporting
First-contact response time to incidents and service requests are published here: https://berkeley.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0013436