- Windows Berkeley Desktop with Windows 10
- The standard Windows Berkeley Desktop meets all of the technical requirements for BitLocker encryption
- Windows computer is on a campus network, such as the bSecure VPN, eduroam WiFi, or a wired network connection on campus
- Note: A restart of your computer is required after the encryption process has completed
Steps to use the Self Service Offer to enable BitLocker Encryption
- Open the BigFix Self Service portal by clicking the small “b” icon in the taskbar
- Locate the Self Service Offer called “Berkeley Desktop Encryption for Windows” and click the “Accept” button
- A new window will appear to confirm that you are connected to a campus network, a restart is required, and to start the encryption process. Click the button “Take Action” to start the encryption process.
- The encryption process runs silently in the background and may take 5-10 minutes depending on your environment. Please contact your IT Support Staff if you receive an error for further assistance.
- When the encryption process has completed, a message will appear to let you know that BitLocker encryption has been enabled, and your computer will automatically restart in 2 minutes. You may wait for the count down to reach zero to automatically restart or click the button “Take Action” to restart now.
- After your computer restarts, log in to your computer. BitLocker will encrypt your computer’s hard drive in the background. You have completed the Berkeley Desktop encryption process and may continue to use your computer as you normally would at this time.