On July 27, 2022, Google Workspace for Education Plus Licenses were applied to specific UC Berkeley google accounts (view table below). Plus licenses are being applied primarily for security purposes. This license provides added features not available in Google Workspace for Education Fundamentals (Fundamentals features are available to all UC Berkeley google accounts).
Eligible for Plus
Staff and faculty
Affiliates (list of affiliates)
Special Purpose Accounts (SPAs)
Not Eligible for Plus
Plus licenses includes the following additional features for UC Berkeley:
Google Drive Files
- Document approvals in Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides
- Up to 500 participants (rather than 100 in Fundamentals)
- International Dial-In access (rather than just USA)
- In-Domain live streaming audience (100,000)
- Recordings saved to Google Drive. Transcription of recordings.
- Polling and QA
- Breakout rooms
- Attendance tracking
- Noise cancellation
- Security Sandbox: Advanced malware protection for email (may result in a 3-minute email delivery delay
- Several administrative tools for security within Google Workspace
Features not available UC Berkeley campus-wide for Google Accounts as of July 27, 2022:
- Cloud Search
For any concerns, contact support.