All videos uploaded to Kaltura or copied from the Zoom Cloud (via the Zoom to Kaltura integration) will have automatic machine captioning in English. If professional captioning for a DSP accommodation is needed, please consult the DSP Office Faculty FAQs.
Only owners and co-editors of a media item can order machine captioning. Also, you cannot order automatic machine captioning for the same language twice unless the original order is in error status.
To order captions and view past orders
- Go to the Media Page for the recording by clicking on its title in My Media and in the Actions drop-down menu select +Captions & Enrich.
- Here you can see Existing Requests and Order Captions & Enrichment Services.
- Sometimes the automatic machine captioning will fail and show an Error status under Existing Request. In these cases, you are able to order captions in the same language again.
- Under Order Captions & Enrichment Services, in the Source Media Language dropdown menu, select the language you want to caption with.
- You will be forced to keep Service as Machine and Feature as Captions.
- Click Submit.
- Once submitted and the page refreshes, the new order will appear under Existing Request.
- Once the additional order is complete, you may want to manage or edit how captions show for your media. See our article How do I add, edit, delete, and manage captions?
The languages currently available for machine captioning are:
- Mandarin Chinese