This article is intended for instructors/staff looking to add the Kaltura My Media and/or Media Gallery links to their bCourses site navigation. These tools allow students and instructors to work with Kaltura video content directly in bCourses.
As of August 12, 2020, all bCourses sites should contain links to the Kaltura My Media and Media Gallery tabs in the site navigation. If these are not enabled, however, users with site editing permissions can add links to these tools in bCourses using the following steps:
How to add My Media or Media Gallery to a bCourses site
- Open a browser and go to bCourses. You may need to sign in.
- Go to the course you need My Media and/or Media Gallery added to.
- Click Settings, located at the bottom of the site navigation menu.
- Click the Navigation tab, which is found at the top of the page (see image below).
- Under the section labeled "Drag items here to hide them from students", click and hold on the bar "Media Gallery" (see image below) and drag it up to the section labeled "Drag and drop items to reorder them in the course navigation", and drop it in location you would like it to be in the course navigation menu bar.
- Repeat for My Media.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
Everyone who has access to the course will now see both links in the site navigation.