Download the Mac 32/64bit client by accessing the bSecure GlobalProtect portal using your CalNet credentials: https://vpn.berkeley.edu
- Go to where you have software download, usually the Download folder, and double click on the GlobalProtect.pkg file
- MacOS X may warn you that the software has been downloaded from the Internet, and you will have to approve using the software.
- You will be presented with the Welcome page and need to click Continue
- You will be presented with the Custom Install page, GlobalProtect will be selected by default and you should click Continue
- The installer will verify that you do in fact want to install the software, click continue
- When the software is done you will see a success page and the GlobalProtect icon (a small globe) will show up in the service list at the top or your screen. Click Close to continue
- You will receive a popup asking if the installer should be moved to the trash. We recommend that you Keep the software as the same installer can be used to uninstall the software.
- Now select the GlobalProtect globe from the service bar at the top or your screen
- Enter “vpn.berkeley.edu” (without the quotes) in the portal address field and click Connect
- A popup window will appear with the standard CalNet login page, authenticate as normal to continue
- The window will then briefly show that you are connected before minimizing back into the services list.
- You can change which VPN connection you are using by selecting another from the pulldown. The client will remember your choice between connections unless the software is updated.
- Disconnect by clicking the disconnect button.
If you are running MacOS X 10.12 or newer and get timeouts after the installation is complete please look at this article on how to fix it: https://berkeley.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0012498