Download the Windows 32bit or 64bit client by accessing the bSecure GlobalProtect portal using your CalNet credentials: https://vpn.berkeley.edu
- You will be presented with the Welcome screen, click Next to continue
- You will be asked where to install the software, the default is best so click Next to continue
- The installer will ask you if you want to install the software, click Next
- Windows Account Control system will ask you to verify that you want to allow the installer to make changes to the system. The installer will have a seemingly random name that ends with “.msi”, click Yes
- The installer will show you it’s progress and then present you with a completion screen
- Click close to complete the installation
- You can now access the GlobalProtect client (a globe icon) from the services list at the bottom right hand corner or the screen to see the login window.
- Enter “vpn.berkeley.edu” (without the quotes) and click Connect
- You will see a popup that shows the standard CalNet login page, authenticate as you normally would.
- Once the connection is in place you can view your connection by clicking the GlobalProtect globe again, from this screen you can also select an alternative VPN connection from the pulldown.
You can disconnect by clicking the disconnect button and reconnect by clicking the connect button.