Where do I log in?
You can access bCourses one of two ways:
Canvas Overview for Students
Note: "Canvas" is the actual tool that we at Cal refer to as "bCourses". We renamed it because we've built tools and customized it for the UC Berkeley community. You will see references to Canvas throughout our website and resources, since we use many of their help articles.
How do I use bCourses with my mobile device?
You can use your mobile browser to log in and use bCourses, but we recommend installing and using the Canvas app on your phone or tablet, instead, since it makes browsing course sites easier.
You can do most of the things in the app that you can in the web version of Canvas, which include:
- Viewing course materials, Calendar, Notifications, To Do List, and Grades
- Viewing and send Inbox messages
- Posting discussion replies
- Uploading and submitting assignments (if you have File storage app, such as Dropbox, on your phone or tablet)*
- Taking quizzes and see your quiz results*
*While you are able technically able to submit Assignments and take Quizzes in the Canvas app, it's best to wait until you are on a desktop or laptop computer with access to a stable internet connection so that you can do your work securely and without interruption.
Some tools that are unavailable in the app are:
- External tools that have been integrated with your course
For more information on using bCourses with your mobile device, please see the following resources:
- Canvas Guide: Mobile Guides
Read our other Students Getting Started help articles:
- Students Getting Started: Customize Your Settings
- Students Getting Started: Assignments & Grades
- Students Getting Started: Communicate & Collaborate
- Students Getting Started: ePortfolios