Instructors can export students' total grades in bCourses into a .csv format that can be uploaded into the E-Grades tool in CalCentral. The process for submitting grades from bCourses to CalCentral has two parts:
- Downloading your grades from bCourses into an .csv file.
- Uploading the .csv gradebook file into CalCentral.
PART A. Download Your Grades from bCourses
Step 1: GO TO YOUR GRADEBOOK
In your bCourses course site, click the Grades link on the course navigation menu.
Step 2: CLICK ON THE ‘E-GRADES’ BUTTON
Step 3 - SET A GRADING SCHEME and/or UN-MUTE ASSIGNMENTS
(1) A grading scheme must be set for the course before continuing with the E-Grades export. If you have not enabled one, you will be prompted to do so. Clicking this link will take you to your course setting page, where you will check the “Enable Grading Scheme” option. You can review and modify your grading scheme at this point. See choose another grading scheme, or create your own.
(2) If you have assignments with unposted grades, you will need to manually review, and post them all. Look for any assignments in your gradebook with the crossed-out eye icon. For each of these, hover over, open the three vertical dot menu, and select “Post Grades.” Leaving grades unposted may result in unexpected output.
(3) Return to the E-Grades page and click Continue to resume export.
Step 4: DOWNLOAD
(1) Select which section you wish to download.
(2) Enter the letter grade cutoff point for pass/no-pass grades. The E-Grades export tool will use this to automatically convert letter grades to PNP for students using that grading option. If you do not wish to automatically convert any letter grades to PNP, select the second option.
You can download Current Grades or Final Grades.
- (3) The Current Grades download ignores unsubmitted assignments when calculating grades. Use this download when you want to excuse unsubmitted assignments;
- (4) The Final Grades download counts unsubmitted assignments as zeroes when calculating grades. Use this download when you want to include all unsubmitted assignments as part of the grade.
Once you select one of the options, you will be prompted to save the .csv file of the Gradebook to your computer.
PART B. Upload Your CSV File into CalCentral
Information on uploading a CSV to CalCentral can be found at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwwcaljWYa0SWXVWZzJaOXE2Yjg/view. General instructions on uploading grades to CalCentral can be found under the "Quick Guides, Videos, and FAQs' heading on the Office of the Registrar's website: http://registrar.berkeley.edu/faculty-staff/grading/final-term-grades