Subdomain accounts are accessible from within the normal bMail interface, with mail addressed to them [for example, firstname.lastname@example.org] arriving in your @berkeley.edu inbox and being available as a Send From address.
How do I send from my subdomain email address and make it my default Send From address?
- Navigate to http://bmail.berkeley.edu
- If prompted by the CalNet Authentication Screen, enter your CalNetID and passphrase as appropriate.
- Navigate to Google's Knowledge Base article, Send mail from a different address or alias.
- Click on the I'm a Google Apps for Business user sending from a domain alias or email alias.
- When following the procedure, enter your full sub-domain email address.
- After setting up the alias / sub-domain account, navigate to Google's Knowledge Base article, Change the "From" address when replying or forwarding.
- This article will show you how to Send As the alternate account and how to set it as the default Send From address.
- Send email as desired.
For additional assistance, contact CSS IT at 510-664-9000 and follow the prompts to reach a technician from between 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. A ticket may also be submitted through http://sharedservices.berkeley.edu/it/ or by e-mailing email@example.com