With bCal you can give another user access to your calendar, possibly including the ability to schedule and edit events. For example, a manager typically wants to grant calendar access to his or her administrative assistant.
A delegated bCal is simply a shared calendar with certain edit rights for the delegate.
Before you begin
- Note that only @berkeley.edu accounts can be delegated calendar access.
- Ex. @gmail.com, @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com or other domains cannot be given access.
To delegate a calendar in bCal
- Log into bcal.berkeley.edu If prompted, enter your CalNetID and passphrase as appropriate.
- Navigate to the Google KB article, Delegate calendar access.
- Follow the procedure as appropriate.
For additional assistance, contact CSS IT at 510-664-9000 and follow the prompts to reach a technician from between 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. A ticket may also be submitted through http://sharedservices.berkeley.edu/it/ or by e-mailing email@example.com